Property ID : CS0036
For Sale $175,000 - Home
Perezoso House is a stunning detached property set deep in the heart of a magnificent 250-acre protected rainforest reserve, which is also home to the Samasati Nature and Yoga Retreat. Situated above the village of Hone Creek, 4 km from Puerto Viejo, the property is extremely tranquil and secluded, tucked away down a quiet road away from all other properties in the reserve, and is the perfect place to relax, unwind and enjoy nature.
Perezoso House and its spectacular rainforest garden are spread across two lots on the reserve, and are maintained and managed by the Samarcanda Gated Community, which provides regular maintenance, gardening services and security.
CONSTRUCTION AND EXTERIOR
This superbly-designed two-storey house was built in 2012 by expert local craftsmen using wood from the area. The foundations, structural posts, cross beams and floors are made of the highest quality local tropical hardwood (Campano and Nispero), which provides strength, stability and durability. The walls, roof and decorative woodwork are made from Laurel, which enhances its natural beauty.
Perezoso House is built on stilts, which helps to keep the house cool on hot days and allows air flow around the foundations. The corrugated iron roof was constructed with a generous overhang to prevent rain from touching the walls of the house, again reducing the chance of damage and the need for maintenance. There are also tongue-and-groove wooden floors and windows with insect screens and curtains/blinds throughout the entire house.
In 2017 the exterior of Perezoso House was sanded back to bare wood, and then painted with two coats of clear polyurethane varnish, providing a tough weatherproof coating for many years to come. Instant hot water is provided by an electric heater situated under the house.
- Spectacular two-storey living room with glass chandelier and lockable security cupboard. (28.4 m3)
- Open-plan kitchen/diner with electric hob, built-in cupboard space, fridge/freezer and breakfast bar. (17.8 m3)
- Bedroom with two single/twin beds and generous built-in closet space. (13.4 m3)
- Bathroom with shower, washbasin, toilet and cupboard. (3.4 m3)
- Veranda with large seating area and separate hammock area with taps/plugs for washing machine/dryer. (14 m3)
- Front porch with twin staircases. (4.1 m3)
- Master bedroom with two queen-size double beds and air conditioning. (29.3 m3)
- Veranda with a spectacular view of the garden and wildlife-rich rainforest. (14 m3)
- En-suite bathroom with shower, bath, bidet, floral washbasin, toilet, generous built-in closet space, large mirrors and make-up area. (11.3 m3)
- Large tropical garden with mature fruit trees, hibiscus hedge and a wide variety of tropical plants, which are frequently visited by colorful butterflies and hummingbirds. Sloths, monkeys, parrots, toucans and other tropical birds are also frequent visitors to the trees on the property (‘perezoso’ means ‘sloth’ in Spanish!).
- Patio area with split-level sun terrace, clothes washing facilities and built-in cupboards
- Large hexagonal sunset terrace, ideal for yoga, barbecues, sunbathing or watching the sunset over the mountains.
- Front garden with pineapple grove.
- Private parking space for two vehicles (4×4 required to access the property).
- House and garden maintained regularly by Samarcanda Gated Community staff (see below).
The property is offered on a turnkey/’ready-to-move-in’ basis, with all furniture and other household and garden items included, comprising:
- Master bedroom – two wooden queen beds with new Proursa orthopedic mattresses (purchased in San José in 2017), two wooden nightstands/bedside tables, two night lights, full-length mirror, floor fan, washing basket, sheets, blankets and towels.
- Second floor veranda – table and four chairs.
- Second bedroom – two wooden single/twin beds with mattresses, wooden nightstand/bedside table, night light, table fan, sheets, blankets and towels.
- Living room – two matching sofas with cushions, wooden desk, office chair, desk lamp, large wooden cupboard, coffee table, floor fan.
- Kitchen – large Frigidaire fridge/freezer (purchased in 2017), four wooden breakfast bar stools, table fan, pots, pans, plates, cups, cutlery, utensils, blender, toaster, electric kettle and other kitchen equipment.
- First floor veranda – circular wooden table, four wooden chairs, two rocking chairs, various garden tools.
- Curtains and blinds throughout the house.
EASY PURCHASE THROUGH CORPORATION TRANSFER
Setting up a registered company (referred to as a Corporation in Costa Rica) is considered the simplest and easiest way to purchase a property in the country. The two lots that are home to Perezoso House property (lots #29 and #30) are owned by a Costa Rican registered corporation called Perezoso Prescioso S.A (No: 3-101-679933), which was set up by the current owners in 2014 specifically for the purchase of this property, and has no other properties or assets.
On the sale of the property, this corporation can be transferred to the new owners by a simple transfer of shares, saving the purchaser the time and expense of setting up a corporation themselves. This will in turn enable a swift, easy purchase, and make financial control of the property more straightforward in the future. Also, should you ever wish to apply Costa Rican citizenship in the future, owning a corporation (and property) in the country will make the application process quicker and easier.
SAMARCANDA GATED COMMUNITY
Perezoso House is part of the Samarcanda Gated Community, which was established in 2008 to manage and protect the forest reserve and the properties that lie within its borders. The Community currently comprises of ten beautiful wooden houses, owned by people from all over the world, and the Samasati Nature and Yoga Retreat, which is the oldest yoga center in Costa Rica.
The Gated Community also offers long-term security and peace-of-mind for all residents, as you can be sure that your property will be regularly checked and maintained at all times, even if it is not occupied for some months of the year. The community’s dedicated and long-serving staff provide all the essential services for a comfortable and hassle-free life in the forest, including:
- Maintenance of all houses, gardens and communal areas on a regular basis.
- Regular house cleaning twice a month.
- Ensuring reliable water supplies to all properties. Water for the community is drawn from clean local mountain sources, and well-established storage and back-up systems within the property ensure that there is fresh water available for residents at all times.
- Providing front gate security, ensuring that nobody can enter or leave the property without permission. There is also a night guard that patrols the property and a walkie-talkie system for emergencies (walkie-talkies are provided to all residents).
- Maintaining all the roads and the network of walking trails on the property.
- Managing the electricity supply (provided by ICE, Costa Rica’s electricity provider).
- Administrative and financial services.
Residents pay a monthly maintenance and administration fee for the services provided, which is currently $227 per lot. This is usually paid six months in advance. A Home Owners Committee meets regularly to discuss upkeep and improvements, and there is an AGM at the beginning of each year to finalize annual budgets. As a home owner, you will be able to vote on issues affecting the Gated Community, and you can choose to be involved in the management of the property as much or as little as you wish. Members of the Community also collectively own the legally protected rainforest reserve in which the properties are situated, which ensures the long-term security and protection of the natural surroundings and wide variety of wildlife within the reserve.
Being part of the Samarcanda Gated Community therefore provides security, maintenance and peace of mind, and makes managing your property simple and straightforward, even from the other side of the world. For more information, please visit the Samarcanda Gated Community home page.
- Lot size – 2,058 m3 (two lots)
- Floor space – 136 m3
- 2 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Open-plan kitchen/diner
- Two-storey living room
- 2 verandas
- Patio area
- Sunset terrace
- Large tropical garden